Here are 2 different possible approaches to your project.
- Edit your video – final cut or iMovie
- “share” the video – File>Share> Master File
- open your movie in Logic (you could also use Ableton Live)
- compose music for the movie
- export the music
- drag the music into Final Cut (or alternative)
- finish up the move with music and export from Final Cut.
- Make some music or edit some music in Logic (or Ableton or….)
- Import the music into Final Cut
- Put the music into the Final Cut timeline
- Run the music, and put markers where you’re going to line up video with music
- Hit the letter “M” to make a marker
- Make sure “snap” is on, and drag video files to line up with markers
- Cut video at markers (use letter “B” to cut)
- Finish the project this way in Final Cut.
Principles of video editing
Vimeo video school FCPX basics (the best!)
7 rules for film and video editors
Edit to music – 2 different methods