Your final projects are due in your labs this week (April 4, 5). You will be presenting your website to the class. If you are not in class to present your website you will not receive a mark.
Prepare video for upload
What youtube says:
Export Final Cut movies
Tutorial: iMovie 11 to Youtube
– new ways of disseminating work every day…..
video production trends
Making a music video
First music video
Bessie Smith: St Louis Blues
fantasia: Rite of Spring
fantasia: Bach Toccata and fugue
Louis Jordan : Look out sister
Dáme si do bytu
Hard Day’s Night opening:
Penny Lane promo video
Stones Have you seen your mother baby
Subterranean Homesick Blues
Diamonds are a girl’s best friend:
Fatboy Slim: Spike Jonez
Kanye West: Runaway
Trapped in the closet
Kendrick Lamar Alright
Edit music video (FCPX)
You will have a quiz on the recording topics we’ve covered this term at the beginning of class in your lecture on Tuesday March 7th @ 1pm in the auditorium.
Following the quiz will be a presentation by Mitch Ballentine of http://www.ballentinemedia.com on the topic of Social Media.
Here are 2 different possible approaches to your project.
- Edit your video – final cut or iMovie
- “share” the video – File>Share> Master File
- open your movie in Logic (you could also use Ableton Live)
- compose music for the movie
- export the music
- drag the music into Final Cut (or alternative)
- finish up the move with music and export from Final Cut.
- Make some music or edit some music in Logic (or Ableton or….)
- Import the music into Final Cut
- Put the music into the Final Cut timeline
- Run the music, and put markers where you’re going to line up video with music
- Hit the letter “M” to make a marker
- Make sure “snap” is on, and drag video files to line up with markers
- Cut video at markers (use letter “B” to cut)
- Finish the project this way in Final Cut.
Principles of video editing
Vimeo video school FCPX basics (the best!)
7 rules for film and video editors
Edit to music – 2 different methods
Recording drums with one microphone:
Recording drums with two mics: